Dr. Sheenu Nayar introduced students to various competitive exams. She said competitive examination is an examination where candidates are ranked according to their grades and/or percentile and then top rankers are selected. Competitive exams help the students to enhance their skills in understanding the deeply concepts, which is needed in a broader context when the student appear for future exams like JEE, NEET, Civil Service and many others.
List of competitive exams in India after Graduation
- Civil Services Examination
Graduates from any stream can apply for this exam.
- Indian Economic Service Examination
Students having a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics/Statistics can apply for the same.
- Indian Statistical Service Examination
Visit: ( http://upsc.gov.in/general/ies-iss.htm )
Students having a background in Statistics can apply for the same.
- Combined Defence Services Examination (CDSE)
Visit: ( http://upsc.gov.in/general/cds.htm )
- National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination
Visit: ( http://upsc.gov.in/general/ndana.htm)
Graduates with Physics/Chemistry/Maths as their subjects can apply for this examination.
- Combined Medical Services Examination
Visit: ( http://upsc.gov.in/general/cms.htm )
- Engineering Services Examinations
Visit: ( http://upsc.gov.in/general/engg.htm )
Engineering Graduates can appear for this exams.
- Staff Selection for different Cadres
Visit: ( http://ssc.nic.in/sscpage1.asp )
Graduates in various disciplines can apply for the same.
- Exam for different posts through Reserve Bank of India Services Board
Visit: ( http://www.rbi.org.in/home.aspx )
Graduates in any discipline can apply for same.
- Exam for Development Officers and others through National Bank for Agriculture & Rural Development (NABARD)
Visit: (https://www.nabard.org/english/home.aspx )
Graduates with specific percentage criteria can apply for this exam.
- Exam for Telecom Officers in the Department of Telecommunications
Visit: ( http://www.dot.gov.in/ )
Engineering Graduates are eligible to apply for this exam
Visit: (http://www.idc.iitb.ac.in/admissions/ceed-details.html )
Students who have secured Graduation in BE/B.Tech/B.Arch
- NIFT Entrance Exam
Visit: ( http://www.nift.ac.in/)
B.F.Tech from NIFT or B.E/B.Tech from any University
Visit: ( http://xatonline.net.in/ )